Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Product I Can't Live Without: Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Lip Balm


With the transitioning of seasons to colder, drier weather comes my annual search for the perfect lip balm. My pucker always gets painfully parched this time of year, eventually leading to my lower lip to split. Yowch. So far, this little beauty is the leader. Dior Addict Lip Glow has quickly made it's way into my heart and essential makeup kit. Shall I say it was love at first swipe?

Sephora lists a description of this product as "A color-awakening lip balm with SPF 10. Dior Addict Lip responds to the color chemistry of your lips to create the shade that is uniquely yours. Smooth it on to moisturize, add sun protection, and enhance your natural lip color."

Well, after reading that I just had to try it! I am delighted to report that Dior Addict Lip Glow is exceptionally hydrating and lives up to its product summery... and more. There were several fantastic things not mentioned by Sephora I was pleasantly surprised to discover including the deliciously fresh minty smell/taste and glossy finish. Additionally, the velvety, none-tacky texture lasts for hours before reapplication is necessary. Finally! One that doesn't evaporate after two seconds!

Here are some pictures below of pictures of the lip balm in action on my pout:

1. Before





















2. Right after I initially put on the lip balm. Goes on clear and then...













3. A few minutes after the balm has been on my lips. Notice the flattering berry color that has fully developed on my lips. The deep folds in my lips have also started to soften.



















Did I mention the absolutely posh packaging? Pulling out that iconic Dior tube feels like a little bit of everyday luxury, offering a nice mental pick-me-up through out the day. All this plus the exceptional quality of this product helps abate the sticker shock sting of $28 per unit. ...Oye...

For a more economic alternative, my close second is Blistex's Silk and Shine for around $3. It too does a great job of living up to its name. Silk and Shine has many similar features to Dior's Addict Lip Glow such as a nice velvety feel on the lips, highly moisturizing, pleasant smell/taste, and satiny finish. Though, Silk and Shine does not last as long or have the color enhancing element.

I have come to think of Dior Addict Lip Glow not simply as a chap stick, but as a cosmetic. Compared to other balms, it wakes up my face even if I have no other makeup on. As a nurse, this will certainly be my go-to item when I have to roll out of bed at 5:45 in the morning and this is the only thing I can muster the strength to apply.



No comments:

Post a Comment